Thursday, March 22, 2007

Raise Some Hell

Gore returns to Canada on March 22, to receive an honorary doctorate from Montreal's Concordia University. That same day, he will also present An Inconvenient Truth to the Top Employer Summit in Toronto, with an introduction by Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion. Former prime minister Joe Clark and Toronto Mayor David Miller also plan to attend
.

When I hear something really stupid. I always pause and say "wow" slowly. It drives my wife nuts. She thinks it makes me look like a jerk. Thats what i did when i read this litte tidbit from the CBC.

Wow a doctorate in what-- propogating a message. Please God, nothing to do with science. If I had a degree from Concordia I'd send the fucking thing back. But I don't have a degree to send back to anyone. 120 credits of philosophy, economics and history later and i find out you have to have six credits in french to graduate with a degree. What french. I don't speak french? How the fuck am I going to pass a class in frech?
Admin: Oh it's just introductory.

Me: No I need to graduate now. I've made plans. I didn't know.

Admin: I don't make the rules.

Me: Fuck. Fuck it then. Fucksakes. I'm done here. I don't need a degree. I want to be journailist. I hate this place. A guy like me is going nuts here.

Admin: It's only six credits.

Me: I don't fucking need them. I can't learn french in one year. Whats the point then? i know my limitation-- no work in the government, Quebec newspapers, that sort of thing-- i got my credits. I did a whole class on Sartre.

Onlooker: For a hippie he sure is uptight. (I had shaggy hair, wore a few hemp necklaces and was unshaven-- so what.)

Me:Hippy. Me a fucking hippy. Jesus Christ. I'm no fucking hippy retard.

Admin: Calm down. You have to get six credits in French or no degree. Simple as that.

Me:Fuckaround.

So fuck them and fuck me because I have no degree. So I can't send squat back to anyone. I had a friend who said one night when we were all getting drunk at the local "It's too bad a smart guy like you got stuck working in the oil patch". Fuck him too.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Miller????

This is the guy that rants about Smog and the cost of Health Care for breathing related harm to "The Children" , we must protect The Children , right .

If this is true than why does Miller not answer my emails to explain why Toronto still allows the Pollution and Smog creating Auto-Race in July and the CNE AirShow on Labour Day.
Miller and Olivia Chow crusaded for the axing of the Island Bridge because it would caused Noise/Air pollution , that's Political-Speak
for "Pollution is OK if it brings in Tourism dollars to help pay the Medical bills for Smog caused by Pollution from Cars and Planes" .

Miller&Chow then went on to spend $30'000'000.00 of our Tax money to not build that $20'000'000.00 Bridge that just might end up being built since Paul Martin's promise to stop it means squat right now.

 
At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you had a degree from McGill, you'd give it back because Concordia is giving an honourary degree to Al Gore?
It's surprising you don't have a degree. Very surprising.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger angryroughneck said...

Ouch. touche

 

Post a Comment

<< Home